- In 2008, DJO was named the Largest Private Company in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal.
- DJO President and CEO, Les Cross, was named San Diego “Master Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2009” by Ernst & Young
- DJO became accredited by the Better Business Bureau in 2009.
- The Company’s manufacturing plant in Tijuana, Mexico was named 16th on the Great Place to Work® Institute’s list of 100 Best Companies to work for in Latin America in 2008. Companies are selected for the Best Companies lists primarily on the basis of their employees' responses to the Great Place to Work® Trust Index©, a proprietary employee survey developed by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
- Accreditation status from the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) in 2007
- Deloitte & Touche “Technology Fast 50” companies in San Diego in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007
- The prestigious “Shingo Prize” for manufacturing excellence in 2006
- Medical Marketing Association’s “International Award of Excellence” 2006 Silver Finalist
- The Product Development and Management Association “Outstanding Corporate Innovator Award for 2005.”
- IndustryWeek Top Ten “Best Plants” in North America in 2004 and 2005. Each year Industry Week solicits entries from the best plants in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Forbes Magazine’s “200 Best Small Companies in America” in 2004 and 2005
- DJO has been recognized for best engineered products, product quality leadership and competitive strategy leadership.
- Medical Marketing Association’s “International Award of Excellence” 2004 Gold Award